Monday, May 17, 2010

Getting over the ick...

So it seems the entire family came down with this nasty lingering cold that didn't seem to want to go away. So around 3 weeks ago (April 30) First it started with me. Right before we where going to go on vacation I started feeling so congested. My nose and throat hurt as well as just feeling overall yucky. I tried to fight it because we had our mini vacation coming up and I just was so excited about getting to go out of town for a little while. I was so exhausted and rundown by this point.

Then when we returned Sandro seemed to have gotten my cold. He was brushing off as if it was just a his normal sinus crap. Then we return that Monday the daycare reported that Sophia had a fever. So we both took her to the Dr. that day. She was put on breathing treatments and where taken out of daycare for a few days. So here we are ... both exhausted, sunburned from our trip, and baby Sophia was also sick. It's now 3 weeks later and we still have a small taste of the ick. Both Sandro and I still have a lingering cough. Sophia has just a little congestion. We can tell she is feeling better because all she wants to do is play.

Lately at night she has not been falling asleep after her normal routine. She wants to play even after we have finish all her routine. She is one hyper little girl. When I lay her in the crib she is usually half asleep. Before she would just conk completely out. However, now she starts crying hysterically. Sandro believes in cry it out because we know she is attempting to get our attention. After she cries it out for a little while Sandro will then go in there and sing a Croatian song and pat her on her back to get her to relax. She then falls asleep. I have been hearing her at night either whining for attention or talking in her sleep. She usually stops after a couple of minutes. I am not sure if her teeth that are bothering her or if she is just becoming more aware of her surrounding. She is so smart and knows how to pull on our heart strings.

She is eating better and better each day. One thing she doesn't like at all is any type of cereal. We tried both the Oatmeal and the Rice However, she does like split peas, homemade bread, fresh squeezed juice, avocados, and crackers. She will tolerate banana's as well.

Pictures of the week:
Sophia loves her Nana
Yes I know I am cute!
This is my green friend. I love her bunny ears.
Cracking up!
Beauty Shot

No comments: