Thursday, May 6, 2010

Life as we know it...

It's has changed so much you can not even imagine. We are so lucky that sometimes we lose sight on is most important...in one simple word "Family." Days move so quick for me. Especially the weekdays. I have become one of those who can honestly say that I live for the weekends. It's the only time I have some freedom to live a little.

This past week Sandro and I took a day off and celebrated my 30th birthday. We drove down to Corpus Cristi ... next week I will post some pics..(or even this week because I am a week behind) We let Nana take care of Sophia for the a few nights. I can honestly say that I wasn't worried at all. I know my mom could handle it. She did such a great job. She followed the schedule perfectly, basically the nighttime routine. Sophia did really well and really didn't seem bothered by the change. Maybe she was loving being spoiled rotten. I need to steal a few pictures from my mom. One she has of her holding the phone why I was talking to Sophia! So cute.

I think it's very important that daddy and mommy get a little time off to reconnect. I feel closer to Sandro than I think I ever have. I don't feel guilty because I know that Sophia has very loving grandparents that would kill for the opportunity to have some one on one time with their grand baby. I feel Sandro will have to repeat the same thing at least once a year. A love retreat I guess you can call it. It was awesome. Though I think next time I will get a few days to recover.

On to the pictures this week...**I think weekly I am just going to do a throwback picture day to catch up. Maybe I will call it Thursday Throwback

Who could resist this face?

But I want to eat the whole flower. And she did. Luckily roses are eatable.
I wear sunglasses in the house? Don't be jealous!
Yeah, I had a blow out in the first two hours of daycare this day....

No comments: