Monday, November 16, 2009

Baby Stats and Making Progress

So Sophia had her one month appointment and she is doing really well. Here is her stats from her last appointments:

10/29/09
H: 21 1/2" (90% percentile)
W: 7 pounds 9 oz (10% - 25% percentile) (the big concern since it was still below birth weight)
FOC: 13 3/4" ( 10%-25% percentile)

A week later had a weight check and she was finally over her birth weight.
W:8 pounds 5 oz

11/16/09
H:22 1/4 (75% to 90%)
W: 9 pounds 4 ounces (50-75%)
FOC: 14 1/2 (10-25%)

So Dr. is happy with her weight and length. She is overall healthy. They did want me to get the swine flu shot so they gave me the shot before I left. I already had the seasonal flu shot when I was pregnant. I know some people are against this shot, but I have to do what is best for her. It's a deadly virus for infants under 6 months and I wouldn't know what I would do with myself if I didn't do everything I can within my power to keep myself healthy. They want Sandro to get the shots but he is anti flu vaccines for various reasons. I told him that if he brings it home and she gets sick he would have to live with that. He understands. I support his decision. Going to knock on wood and say Sandro is really healthy and he has never "flu" sick.

Sophia is doing pretty good with going to bed. Sometimes it's a little hard to get her settled down but overall she is sleeping a long 5 hour stretch from 9:30-2:20 and then a second 3 hour stretch. Which to me is really great. I do accompany this to her hunger being mostly in the evenings. We do a bedtime routine..bath, massage, music, darkness/diming lights, food, starting about 8:30. We do a half swaddle at night (she likes her hands out.) She is still sleeping in the pack in play in the room but I would like to migrate her crib sooner than later.

Pictures of the week:

Dr Appointment outfit from 11/16. Getting a little meat on her bones.
Swing. Not sure if she likes it or not. It's good for about 5 mins.
Waiting on mommy as she blow dries her hair.
Don't you love her little pants.
Sandro with his two babies. Apollo loves getting attention.

1 comment:

Nana said...

She is so beautiful. Thank you so much for the pictures. I love them and she is really growing, WOW.
Love you all!!!!