Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Slowly Improving

This week I am seeing some improvements in both myself and little Sophia. I think we are both learning and it's starting to feel like we are developing a bit of a bond. I am starting to notice her patterns. As in she sleeps way better at night if she has her naps during the day. Which means I need to make sure she gets them in. If she doesn't nap she gets over tried and will take double the soothing in the evenings to calm her.

Breastfeeding is becoming second nature. And I think I am slowly getting a increase. I do have some times where she is really starving and she wants to eat more than normal and she does...but it seems to be less and less as the days continue on. We where averaging about 3 oz every feeding time. Which was 8 times a day. But in the last few days I have she has cut this amount in half. Last night for instance she got up at midnight. I offered her breast as normal and she passed out (snoring) in 20 mins and didn't wake up till 3:30. But at 3:30 she was up to 5:00 a.m but went back down to 8:30 a.m. This type of schedule I can live in as long as she gives me a few breaks! :)

Yesterday we went to the doctor's appointment. It was my 6 weeks post partum appointment. She slept through that. Then we had to go her her 2 week neonatal screen. Yeah it's a bit late for that. But I didn't realize it was a must in the state of Texas. She handled it like a pro. Well she just slept through it. They poke her foot with a needle and squeeze blood out. Like 6 drops. she was oblivious. She had two really long naps yesterday.

She is starting to actually like to sit in her bouncer and even nap in her swing. So it's nice to have soothers that are working vrs only Sandro and I holding her. I do feel like this trip up to Oklahoma could be hit or miss. It's going to be a new challenge for us both. But I am looking forward to it because the entire Palomares/Tate/Kimbrough family will be there.

Here are the pictures of the week:

Instance cure for me needing a shower. Vibrating and seahorse lullabys.
Bath Time. This is before she started crying! :) I have some shots of those as well.
Playing with Dad. She loves to play with him.
Showing her neck skills.
Self portait.
Again. Mommy trying to get a shower in! :)

1 comment:

Nana said...

I miss Sophia so much!!!! Thanks for the pictures, she is so adorable. Let her know her Nana loves her!!!! You too and of course Sandro, Apollo and Helix. Please take lots of pictures while you are in Oklahoma