Sunday, February 14, 2010

V-day Snowy Week

What a week. This week was awesome. A year ago we learned we where pregnant with Sophia. It was Feb 10th to be exact. I can't believe it's already been a year. How much our life has changed for the better and how happy we are with our little family. We are looking forward to the future. Today is Sophia is 4 months old. She is growing so fast. Her daycare ladies think that she is some sort of Alien baby the way that she advances past the babies in her class. She is mastering things so much quicker and just enjoying being a baby. It's amazing the conversations she is having even with out words. You would just have to hang out with her to see what I mean.

This week we had a snow storm so we stayed in the house for most of the day on Friday. We did go out on Saturday and did some shopping (Target and Costco) Sophia and I have been fighting a little cold and both of us have been coughing. So I went out and bought her a nice new humidifer and I used my old beat up one. I can tell I am feeling dramatically better and I think she is too. When we went to Grandma Vesna's house on Saturday and Vesna was holding her and telling us a story and she got a little bit loud explaining something and immediately Sophia got this big frown and started balling hysterically (Grandma scared her)..Vesna handed her over to mommy and she stoped immediately. Two minutes later I try to hand her back to Grandma..The frown and tears started up again. So Grandma gave her back to me and I calmed her down again and she stayed with me for a few minutes. Adventually she allowed grandma to hold her. It was too cute. Miss Sophia and her personality.

Grandma Vesna was trying to talk me into feeding her solids now. She was even going to make her Apple Juice or something. But I told her no and that I wanted to do it in stages. Probably not starting till 6 months. This made her a little mad. She started questioning me but I don't care. It's our baby and we will start when we/she are ready and showing signs. I think Zdenko hushed her up in Croatian cause she stopped. ;) I have no issues starting Sophia on solids I just really want her to be ready for it. Babies don't really have to start on solids till 6 months. At least from what I read. So we are not in a hurry.

Originally I wanted to go on a date with just me and Sandro and Vesna was going to watch the baby. (They owed me for doing their Taxes) Anyways we decided to go ahead and bring Sophia along. She ended up sleeping the entire time. Ha! Then we to Whole Foods. She didn't sleep at all in there and starting hollering in the middle of store cause she was hungry. Sandro had packed a bottle and he gave it to her and she stopped. See what I mean..she knows what she wants! :) Sandro and I watched a movie together (of couse she was there too) and it was a great day. I feel totally refereshed today. My cold is almost gone completely.

Now on to this weeks pictures.

Sophia is trying to hold her own bottle
She is becoming a thumb sucker. Always loves to sleep on daddy.
Our first wounded toy. This was Helix's work.
She loves this thing. Sometimes she gets sick of being in our arms and just wants her indpendence in her toy.
About to brave the cold. There is that thumb again.
Daddy I am really cold! :)
Look how tiny she was compared to the snowman.
Her new sleep sack. We no longer swaddle but we do use the sleep sack. The loves the freedom.
She is pretty in purple.
This is from our Vday photo shoot. All the grandparents and great grandparents where given pictures from Sophia. However, some are receiving them late. Darn US postal service.

1 comment:

Nana said...

Sophia is so beautiful. I love her big flower on her VD photo. I can't wait till the mail finally gets mine here. At lease I have the your blog to read. Thanks for keeping me up to date, I love Mondays so I can see new pictures and stories.
Nana loves you Sophia, Mama and Daddy!!!!!!!