Tuesday, November 25, 2008

German Chocolate Cake = Fail

So yesterday I tried to make the German Chocolate Pound Cake again. I know the reason that I burnt the last one...The temperature should have been 300 not 350. Well I had it prefect so I thought. All the way up to the last 30 minutes. Then it decided to EXPLODE in my oven. Yeah..literally explode. It was all over it. Of course that made it extremely difficult to attempt to turn it...so when I did..it fell apart. To a billion pieces and my oven smelled of burnt cake. I got up at 4:30 this morning and started the self cleaning. I didn't want to have burnt cake smell anymore. I think my pan either is not deep enough (which is possible) or my oven just hates me. Lets just say I cried myself to sleep because of this frustrating damn cake. I am thinking of just skipping it till I get a better pan and making fudge instead...and maybe some cookies.

Sandro of course is eating my exploded cake and says it takes much better than the burnt one. He is trying to get me to try it one more time. He says it's the best bake he ever had and insists on eating it.

1 comment:

imran khan said...

I appreciate how you seem to be everywhere. I see you more than I read every time I come over here to read something. Keep it up, it's a good one.