Friday, November 14, 2008

Vending Machine hates me

So breakfast is my weakness when it comes to eating. I think taking my prenatal at night..right before I lay my head to sleep, makes me super hungry and super thirsty the next morning. The thirsty issue is not the problem, however the hungry issue is not a good thing. Especially for my wallet. Three times in the last two weeks I have been heading to our downstairs deli. This is the same deli that made me gain 30 pounds because they have a fantastic Crossiant Bacon Cheese Egg Sandwich...equates to about 1000 calories. However, I managed to avoid this wonderful beast...mainly because I am avoiding processed cheese and that is all that they offer. So instead I am getting two potato egg taco (no meat, no cheese) I figure it has to be a little better for me then eating a Crossiant Sandwich. Well two taco's aren't so bad really...it's $3.00. Not bad for breakfast...however times that by 3 and it's $9 in just two weeks. For all that know me well, they know how cheap I am. So that is a bit much on breakfast in my opinion. I could by two dinners with $10 bucks.

So on to why the vending machine hates me. So instead of indulging in my tacos this morning I decided I can find something in the vending machine for cheaper. I had exactly $1 dollars worth of quarters so I eyed the Strawberry pop tarts. Surely my childhood favorite would appease my rumbling stomach. I dropped my coins in. The machine kept returning them to me. I repeated this about 5 times. Then the machine had enough and decided to keep my one of my quarters. So I think...maybe that quarter was accounted for and if I continue to drop my other quarters they would be accounted for as well and I could get my freaking pop tarts. Well after trying another 5 times I gave up. I admit defeat. The machine wins..and I will take a step back (to my desk)...obviously those pop tarts weren't meant for me. So I am now at my desk eating dry shredded wheat and drinking organic hot cocoa ... and maybe a little later a banana.

P.S. I have enough stuff at home to make a healthy egg tacos (even with cheese) and I run out of time every morning. It's just so hard to get moving. I went to sleep at 8:30 last night...it's craziness.

P.S.S Obviously there is someone watching over me and knows that those pop tarts are not good for me and that is why I didn't get them.

No comments: