Monday, December 14, 2009

Recovery

So recovery has been going well. However, at times I am still extremely weak. I am also as emotional as ever. It's as if my hormones still haven't went back to normal. They did tell me that I lost enough blood that it is if I have to start my postpartum recovery all over again. Which sucks because before the below happened I was back up feeling good again. At least time I am not sore down there.

Sophia is doing outstanding lately. She still gets cranky sometimes. But she enjoys the bedtime routine. She is out by 10 and wakes up at 2. She eats and then she out till 5 or 6. Sometimes she even sleeps late. She is starting to really dislike the formula. She spits it up a ton of times the last few days. It's as if she knows what is best or something. I just hope I keep producing. I feel sorry for the daycare ladies because she is going to have to have some formula during the day. I need to start building up a stash so when I return to work they have some breast milk. But I noticed there doesn't seem a way to calm her other than the "boob" which to me means she is using me as a paci. She is allowing me to use a real paci on occasion. Amber showed me a neat trick to get her to latch on but it's rare still and boob will put her to sleep after 10 minutes. So I guess you can say I am happy I stuck with it. It's a heck of a lot easier than it was a month ago. Hopefully she will have some good stats at the doctor this Wednesday.

Our Tree. The topper is crazy off. I am debating to get a new topper. Maybe a angel or something really pretty. After Christmas sales here I come.
This is where the dogs lounge during the day.
This morning after a quick feed.
Also from this morning. Maybe a half smile. She looks so much like her daddy here.
Cuddling with daddy!

Her sometimes favorite thing. She has to be in the mood for it.
Her latest bath pic. Here is one when she was only a week old.

1 comment:

Nana said...

Your tree is beautiful. I see you have your blue butterflies from last year. You probably do need an angel for the top of your tree, I will be on the look out.
Thanks for the pictures. Beautiful of course, Sophia!!!!
love you