Monday, April 12, 2010

Letter to Sophia

Dear Sophia,

My sweetie pie, Lately I have noticed that during the week because we have such little time together that I think that you may not like me as much as say Tata (Daddy in Croatian ) or your Baka (grandmother in croatian). Of course that is really stupid because I am the Mama and of course you like me, it’s just that you prefer to cry with me to tell me your unhappy. I guess you are just more comfortable with me and know that no matter how much your cry I am there to comfort you.

On the weekends however, you actually are in the best mood and love to get Mama’s or Daddy’s attention. You just smile all the time and like to giggle when you play with us. Like last night while Tata was doing the floors and you and I laying in my bed and you where just smiling and grabbing Mama’s face. Nearly pulling my entire lip off. So I started singing and you just gave me a ton of big belly laughs each time I would start. Over and over again. You couldn’t get enough. I just soak in moments like this and I hope I can remember these precious details.

Almost every night before bath time Tata takes/steals you to give Mama a small break. He sings to you in Croatian and holds you in his arms. You fall asleep on his chest. You can see that little glimmer in his eye and you know he loves his baby girl so much. Days like these are short. Not too much longer before you will not be able to sleep on his chest. I tell him to soak it all in. Soon enough you will be a big girl. Your amazing babygirl and we love you so much. You have changed us for the better and without a doubt are loved more than anything in the world.

With the Deepest love imaginable,
Mama
**Picture is a old one...but one of my favorites...

No comments: