Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Weekend

What a crazy weekend. We went to Canton Texas and walked around. I didn't buy very much. I bought some super cute stuff for Sophia. I really wanted to get a sippy cup with her name on it but it was yellow..my least favorite color. Maybe I will look for one online. Sophia did get a little over heated in her car seat and had a bit of a heat rash. Poor girl is not used to the Texas heat. But she looks stinking cute regardless.

Easter was Zdenko's birthday. So we went over for lunch and stay until 9:00 p.m. Tencia highlighted my hair. Sophia did not like how this impacted her schedule and for the first time and a LONG time she had a night of long cries. We did the normal bedtime routine and everything. But as soon as I laid her down she was crying hysterically. She was so overtired from the day that she just could not go to sleep. We tried everything. I think it may have been all the juice that she had so I gave her some gas drops and daddy finally got her down. Obviously this was a result of to much fun on Easter. She slept a ton at daycare the next day and was back to her happy self by Monday afternoon. However, mommy wasn't back to normal and got some kind of weird bug that gave me fever and the shakes. My temp was over 101 for most of the day. The doctor prescribed some antibiotics and I started them last night. They do make me a little groggy. Hopefully I will return to my healthy self soon.

So far Sophia has tried the following: Banana (she has a love/hate relationship with those), apples, carrots, rice cereal, sweet potato (trying this week) and oatmeal cereal. Last night she actually grabbed for the brown rice we had a dinner and ate two big handfuls. Pictures next week. She has a thing for wanting to feed herself. It has to be her idea or it's not going to be fun at all.

So pics of the week:

Grandpa...you talk to much!
Nana thanks for the card. It tastes so good. To bad mama took it away.
Daddy did the same thing a few weeks ago. Like Father like son.
I want cake. Stop with the gross cereal already.
Our Easter eggs. Painted by Grandma Vesna and poorly customized by Mama.
Daddy...your so silly!
Love the shoes Nana!
MMMM Cake. Yeah Zdenko's favorite apple cake.
I know I am beautiful. I can't help it.
Sophia's 1st Easter basket.

2 comments:

Lauren Thorne said...

Adorable! Love all the pictures. Sorry you got sick - that's definitely no fun :(

Amanda said...

Hope you feel better. Sophia is such a cutie!