Tuesday, April 20, 2010

TN Family Visit

Last weekend was a whirlwind of fun and excitement with the our family from TN as well as cousin Jennifer and soon-to-be cousin Will Smith. We had a blast. We took our TN family to Fair park in Dallas. They watched a IMAX movie about Alaska and my mom and I waited in the lobby. It was sorta rainy. I would have loved to take some pictures but rain and mud isn't fun. Sophia really was pretty good for the most part but started to get restless towards the end. She just needed to nap.

Then we stopped at Half price books and then Whole foods. We where running a little behind so our trip was cut short. We needed to jet home to see because Jennifer and Will had a arrived at my house and we where in Dallas. I felt a little bad that we got caught up in Dallas and had them waiting. Luckily Jennifer and Will forgave us quick as they toured the infamous IKEA.

When we returned to the house we had to make the lasagna. Luckily Sandro and I spent a lot of time making the sauce the weekend before so really it just had to be assembled. My mom is a pro so she took care of that. Though try not to ask her why the lasagna looked watery after cooking only half way. You may be get snapped at! ;)

On Sunday Katrice, my talented Vegan cousin, made us some yummy Vegan pancakes and smoothies. They where so yummy. My pancakes never come out nearly as fluffy. We had planned to do Bluebonnet pictures but because of the weather (shakes fist at the sky!) we decided to go to my inlaws and take them in their beautiful yard. They turned out okay I guess but not exactly what I envisioned. I will take what I can get. Then we split up and half of us went the Fort worth zoo and the other half chilled at the house. Lets just say it was a great weekend and I loved spending time with the family. We will have to do that again sometime.

Pictures of the week:

Sophia and her obsession with Brown Rice..I want the whole pan mama!
Nana Fun!
Mama, give me back to Nana Please!
That's what I am talking about!
She wants to stand in her stroller. No more sitting. Makes her fussy.
The Family Pic..(w/o me)
Don't you love my flower?
Aunt Becky knows what I like
Sophia and Cousin Kristine

Sophia and Ethan...he was very attentive and gentle with Sophia

1 comment:

Eric and Katrice Ross said...

Awwwwwww....I loved your post. :)