Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

I had lots of plans of fun and excitement planned for our first three day weekend at home but they kind of fell through. Sophia got a weird fever and her temp was about 103-102 for about 3 days. As soon as the fever stopped her teething increased to a whole new level. She was in pain for about 48 hours. I gave her teething tablets and Motrin which seemed to help but made her a bit drowsy. Yesterday was the first day she was back to normal crazy giggling Sophia. I am just hoping the next three day weekend will be better. Daddy stayed home with her on Friday. I think secretly he really enjoys staying home with Sophia. He is just a good daddy like that.

Sophia has been really wanting to crawl. I think she is getting closer and closer every day. She has the army crawl down. However, she has not been brave enough to try it on her knees. She will get there in no time. When I leave her at daycare I take her out of her car seat and place her on the playmate. She just sits up (unassisted) and smiles. She loves her Independence. She loves to play with her boyfriend Devon who is about month older. I think she is learning tricks from him. I was told that he pulled her hair and she then nibbled on his toes. (teething) I think we may have a cute flirt on our hands. I do have to say that she seems to love her daycare. Always happy to be there and so far not cried once when we leave her.

Pictures of the week:

Sophia Sitting in a Big Girl Chair
Checking out the cake that Mama decorated, Daddy quickly stopped her from eating to much!
Grandpa forgot the bib...oxyclean come to the rescue.
Nom Nom Nom...corn on the cob...at least it can ease the teething.
Sophia doing her normal nightly dancing routine..notice the ruffle butt
Sophia's checking herself on Mama's laptop..future computer nerd like her parents.
Oh Daddy..let me help...Programming should have been my middle name.
Top view of the cake. Not prefect but oh so fun!

1 comment:

Lauren Thorne said...

That cake is great! Poor Sophia, I hope those teeth come in and she is feeling better soon! That's adorable about her and her boyfriend :)