Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Adventures in Potty Training

Lets just begin this with I really wasn't ready to start yet. Sophia is only 2 years in a few months. I thought I had a few months. Reasons I think she may not be ready is because she just doesn't seem interested in going potty or getting out of diapers. Also, most mornings she wakes with a wet diaper. I have been told usually you want to start potty training about when they have consistent dry diapers in the AM. She hasn't done this in a while.

However, god love her, my MIL went out and bought her princess panties. At Daycare Sophia was talking to her friend Sophie and she showed Sophia her princess panties. Sophie explained to Sophia that big girls get to wear Princess Panties. Sophia was now intrigued and wanted to start. Hence the reason my MIL bought the panties.

So I began on Sunday morning. She picked her panties out and she was so excited to give it a try. I was getting ready and I had planned to die my hair that morning. I told her Tata to please ask her if she needs to go potty all the time. Which I could hear her ask her multiple times. 1st accident occurs not even 15 mins in. I was like no big deal. It wasn't that bad. But then not even 30 mins later she did it again, this time a big amount of pee pee. I was fumming mad now. I mean I was just trying to get ready for the day. I told her that if she has three accidents we would try again next weekend. So this is when I started setting the timer. Every 20-30 mins I would take Sophia to the potty and have her go. Even if she didn't need to. She needed to learn to go in the potty.

This was successful. Even through nap time she didn't pee in the diaper. So I gave her a victory ice cream. We had to run errands so I decided to put on a pull up. Because I didn't want to risk having a accident in transit. We finished our errands. So I put her back into her princess panties. Most of the afternoon went exceptionally well. Then that last hour came. We still going to the potty every thirty minutes. I had just set the time for what I thought would be the last time for that evening.

Not even 15 minutes later I hear her daddy yell she pooped her pants. I was like really? Come on we just went to the potty 15 mins ago. It was a blow out. It was everywhere. Lets just say it just made me want to give up. I asked Sophia what happened. She just gave me a blank look. Like I was the crazy one.

I really don't think she is ready yet but we will keep trying. My coworker gave me the 3 day potty training boot camp guide. I hope this helps.

Below is Sophia munching down on some of daddy's feta special grits. Uber yummy!


Enjoying her Victory Ice Cream

No comments: