Friday, January 6, 2012

Little Miss Bossy

Lately Sophia has been extremely moody when it comes to getting up in the morning and going to daycare. Some days are better than others. She is okay with the whole getting ready part as soon as we get into the car she tells us that we can't take her to daycare. Or Daycare is no good. (her words) Part of me wants to laugh at this but I am not sure if I really should. As maybe this could be making matters worse and she thinks I am joking with her. I am sure it's just a phase. She had almost two weeks off during the Christmas break. Perhaps she will start liking daycare again. When she arrives at daycare she refuses to eat. She will just say no! no! and walks away or attempts to follow us out. Luckily her Baka is there and Sophia instantly starts to warm up to the idea of being there. I am told when I see her in the evening that she has a awesome great day and her moody stops when we leave.

She is very direct with her demands lately. Like during bath time she says "Mama SIT DOWN!" over and over until I do. I ask her to say please and she does. But hesitantly.

Or the other day when we going to the park she told me and Tata to stay and that we where in timeout. And not to follow her. Slowly we would creep behind her and she would come back and tell us again to stay..we are in timeout. I had to laugh at this one. She gets this look of determination like I am going to do what I want to do.

I hope I am not encouraging this behavior. I try to tell her to be nice to her Mama and Tata. To use please and thank you. But I have a feeling she got this from me. I was a bossy pants as well, so I am was told. I am pretty bossy now. I am sure she sees this and just mimicking me.

On to other things. I didn't mention the one of my personal goals I have for myself for 2012.

To embrace my girlie side. I seem to always want to say that I am a tomboy. But the reality is that I do enjoy girlie things. I like make-up, I like dressing up and I like to fix my hair. I think part of the reason that I say I am not into "being girlie" is because I don't like that I am overweight. I usually wear baggy clothes because I feel huge. I think I need to get over this. I am not huge. It's in my head. But for someone who has been overweight her entire life it's sometimes hard to look past what you once where. I want Sophia never to feel this way about herself. I want to be a good example for her.

I leave you with a cute video of Sophia showing her bossy side. Also a lovely before picture of me. Sorry for the low quality in advance. The lighting in the bathroom sucks!

No comments: