Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Testing Us Daily

Sophia has been testing us lately. A lot. I know this is normal behavior for a 2.5 year old and I am sure it will last the rest of her childhood..and maybe even adulthood. This week she seemed to branch on out to a higher level of testing.

Monday: She got really upset that her dress was not clean and ready to wear. She wore it all weekend and I washed all her other dresses but apparently not the right one. She went into hysterics. This set the pace for the entire day. She just did not comprehend that the dress was dirty and I had to wash it. Really at this point I can't do time out or anything. I need to get her happy and out the door. The tears lasted all the way to school. When Sophia arrived to daycare she was all red faced and flushed from all the crying. My little drama queen.

Tuesday: We go and pick her up like normal. We could see her running around in the little play area to the side. As soon as she gets in the car my MIL was telling me about how bad she was that day. That she disrupted the classroom most of the day and she was "wild" and would not listen. She also told her she would tell us and that TV would be off limits for the night. Sophia is going through a Cinderella stage. As soon as she heard her Baka tell me this she started screaming hysterically. I would repeat that there was no TV tonight. The screaming would begin. It was almost comical but at the same time we where serious. All the way home she asked about watching Cinderella and we would repeat..not going to happen tonight.

As soon as we arrived home she kept asking about Cinderella. We would repeat no. Then the tears start. Holy Moly did the tears start. Major tantrum that required me to put her in a timeout. (which is somewhat rare at the moment) This is the only way for me to get her to calm down. We had to repeat it twice because she kept getting up. But she did do it. Afterwards I scooped her up and we had a long talk. I told her why she was in trouble and that there would be no TV tonight. That we can read some books and play with her toys..But no TV. I did offer her 10 min of TV after bath time. This is when I usually blow dry her hair and it seemed fair. But absolutely no Cinderella or Beauty and the Beast. She finally calmed down. She did ask 100 or so times if she could watch Cinderella and we just kept telling her no. At least the tears had stopped and she realized her mama and tata where serious.

Honestly, I must admit I like this part. It doesn't bother me like it used to when she would cry. I know I can calm her and comfort her but I also know that I can teach her between right and wrong. That is my job. I am sure she will appreciate it one of these days.

Today's collage is a little of Sophia having bath time and some other misc pics. I was trying to point out her pretty hair and her organizational skills.

No comments: