Friday, July 17, 2009

So I passed.

So I passed the yucky Glucose Screening. They did check for anemia and I am not anemic per say but I do have a low blood platelet count. Which I have had before I was pregnant for the last 8 years (ever since they started taking my blood). I am at 108 and they don't want me to go below 80. So they will probably test me later to see if it's still low. Passing the Glucose test is a good thing. I don't have to go back to take a second test that is 3 hours long. The day of the test I limited my carbs to less than 30 grams (two pieces of whole wheat bread) and at protein the rest of the day. My appointment was in the afternoon...usually they do it in the morning. I had to drink this nasty orange flavored sugar glucose drink. It wasn't as bad I thought ... just very sweet.

I have to say I LOVE my doctor and the entire staff there. They always put everything at ease and it's not a painful trip to the doctor. I don't dread it like I do other doctor's appointments, even the weighing part. I don't wait long in the lobby and everyone is very nice and non pushy. When I went in for my appointment they weighed me and took my blood pressure like normal. Never mentioning the fact that I gained to much. Always telling me that I am looking healthy and always with a smile.

This last time I went the doctor measured my belly and told me that the baby moved so they had to measure it again. She was like you seem to be growing very well. My bump was on the smaller side the month before. She told me I am supposed to grow and it's healthy growth and my weight looked right on track. (even if I gained 20 pounds) She wasn't concerned at all. She was able to find the heartbeat really fast. It was beating away in the 140's. (a little lower but it's normal) I asked her about child birth classes and told her I plan to take a natural birth class. She highly recommends it if I am planning to go this way. (Some doctors are anti natural child birth) I love that she is supportive and thinks it's very possible. I did not get a since of any negativity of the possibility of going natural. I of course am keeping a open mind about it. I don't know how bad it will be until it's time. But I would like to go in there with a positive outlook and think I can do it. They took my blood and that was it. Great appointment. I go back in two weeks. Which means only one thing...here I come 3rd tri. :)

No comments: