Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Weekly Update

How far along? 25 Weeks 2 Days
Total weight gain/loss: I am afraid to get on the scale. :) (ditto last week)
Maternity clothes? Yes. Pretty exclusively.
Stretch marks? Yes. They are getting bigger and more obvious. Sandro rubs my belly with lotion every night since my belly is starting to itch more. My favorite time of the day.
Sleep: Good for the most part but the dreams still get a bit weirder and weirder. I dreamed I started spotting again. I think in my dream I was really stressed about Nana's grave. So it just started up again. Weird. Of course this dream hasn't come true! Thank God!
Best moment this week: Feeling the baby different types of moves. Sometimes flips and sometimes turns but some times just real strong kicks.
Movement: See above. Some days are still quieter than others.
Food cravings: No real cravings this week. Sandro did allow me to get Chipotle yesterday though. That was nice. It tasted a little off. Something was missing.
Labor Signs: Nope..Many weeks away from this. (15 weeks)
What I miss: Bending over with out my belly getting in the way.
What I am looking forward to: Getting my crib furniture this weekend. Working on misc projects.
Weekly Wisdom: Buy or allow people to give you their used clothes. The baby will grew really fast and it's best not to spend a small fortune on clothes. Also, wait for your baby shower first before you start buying clothes. (even used) You will be amazed with people give away or keep thinking they would have another child one day.
Milestones: Getting really close to being in the double digits.

Here is a large sack of baby clothes given to me from one of my MIL coworker. I plan on getting her a nice thank you card and a Starbucks gift card. I don't even know this lady but it sure was kind of her to give me all of her girl baby clothes. She isn't planning to have any more kids so it was a really sweet gesture.
Aunt Randi went a little nuts on baby clothes shopping. In total about 11 outfits all ranging in sizes up to 6 months. Thank you Aunt Randi! All of them super cute.
I didn't pull out the tub of clothes and blankets my mom gave me. These are all my baby clothes she decided to store away for when/if she had another child. 28 years old and some are in excellent condition. The tub is full. Here is a picture of it all together. Oh and notice a lovely picture of me.
Here is a rocker my mom had for me. I plan to repaint it to match my colors and theme. It's so tiny. It's about 1/4 of the size of the big rocker. Not sure if babyjuric is going to use it but it will be cute in the room.
Here is the window curtain with the sheer window panel. I chose lemonade pink because it really brings out all the colors I used. I thought one touch of pink couldn't hurt. (mom actually helped pick this color)
Here is the rocking chair and the ottoman. My stepmother said she would recover a pad for the chair. The ottoman will have to be recovered as well to match the colors. This rocking chair my mom used with when I was a baby. Still in great condition. The ottoman actually belonged to my great grandmother.
And here is the final project I started yesterday. It's actually a bookcase that belonged to my brothers bunk bed. It's real sturdy wood. I sanded it and I start to prime it. I am about half way through. I plan to paint it a mystery color that is a surprise.

No comments: