Friday, February 13, 2009

The Cupcake Debacle

So last night I went out of my way to make from scratch (organic) chocolate cupcakes with from scratch cream cheese frosting. I even had to stop at Costco to go get butter. I slave away at making them. Cleaned the kitchen a few times during the different stages of making cupcakes. My feet and back hurt I was exhausted, however I already committed to making them. I even had some pink cupcakes and some white cupcakes. As soon as I was finished I passed out because I was so tried.
This morning I drag them into work. All arranged nicely and ready for people to indulge. Then I see I my HR lady carrying very suspicious white boxes. Can you guess what she brought in as well? Cupcakes from Sam's. They even have a pink ring and sprinkles and really make my cupcakes look sad. I should have pictures soon but my phone isn't cooperating. I guess you can say next year I will opt out of making any goodies. Sandro also brought several to his work. He told me that his coworkers loved them. So that makes me feel a little better. :(

1 comment:

Nana said...

I know I would love your cupcakes too!!!!! Yummy. I love you both!!!!!