Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Weekly Update

How far along? 29 weeks 2 Day
Total weight gain/loss: Up 24 per last Dr. Appointment.
Stretch marks? They aren't as bad as I thought they would be at this point. No New ones. Sandro does rub my belly every night. I highly recommend Aveeno for the itching sensation.
Sleep: My anxiety is starting to get to me. I was thinking of all these different things when I try to sleep. It doesn't help if baby girl is in a moving mood though. It makes the anxiety worse. Some nights I pass out and I am fine. Others it takes a few hours and even then I wake up a ton of times to use the restroom. Also my hands hurt. It's hard to explain...but they really hurt. They fall asleep in the middle of the night and I wake up hurting.
Best moment this week: Finally finishing a big project here at work. It's finally coming to a end. Time to start another big one with the same client.
Movement: Some days she is like on a soccer field. It's starting to increase more and more. I worry that something is wrong but Sandro tells me that it's just the baby getting bigger and running out of room. Hence why the belly is growing and I am feeling her more. I guess it's mother nature to worry.
Food cravings: Milk. Holy crap milk. I can drink it all day. I got milk three times in a row here at work.
Labor Signs: Nope..Many weeks away from this. (11 weeks)
What I miss: Not feeling like a old lady. My knees, feet and hands literally hurt. Maybe this is why I am having cravings for milk and calcium because my joints hurt. When I lost the weight, (which was about 28 pounds), I was feeling pretty good. My body didn't hurt and my energy level was crazy high. So I think gaining this weight is putting a stain on my body. Mainly my joints.
What I am looking forward to: Getting maternity pictures and starting the birthing classes later this month.
Weekly Wisdom: Sometimes finishing a project will take a lot more energy. I have so many projects I want to start but I am scared I will never finish.
Milestones: None really. Though I am two weeks of way to be in the single digit weeks before giving birth. Wow. It's just moving so fast.

Sometimes I think people think I am just overweight. I still get side eye when I tell people I am pg and I am due in October. While this is actually a good thing since that means that I don't look pregnant it still kinda of frustrating since people seem not to believe me. There is a girl in my office that is due in September and she her belly is huge! She looks like she is ready to pop. Then you see me, being a tall Amazon, looking just a little overweight with a small bump. I have told a few of the sales people and they can't believe that I am due in October. Maybe they are just being nice. It could be the fact that I was 30 ish pounds overweight when I started this job and I wear my clothes bigger than the other girl but geez, I wish I had a baby bump that look like I was 7 months pregnant. Me and the other pregnant girl where comparing notes in the restroom yesterday. While we are experiencing similar things she looks like she is in a lot more pain than I am. She is about 5 foot tall so I am sure the strain from her belly is making her grouchy. I, on the other hand, am feeling pretty good. Expect for my joints of course. But no pain. I just just be thankful and shut up. ;)

And here is a picture of the onesie that my dad and Norma sent along with some bibs. So cute.


Here is the picture of the bed skirt that Norma made. Isn't it pretty?

No comments: