Monday, March 1, 2010

Focus on What YOU can Control

Last week was a little uneventful. It went by so quickly that if you blink you may have missed it. The positives of the week is that Sophia slept through the night for 3 days last week. Of course two last week she didn't want to go back to sleep because she loves her mobile a little too much. So I took Sandro's suggestion and decided not to turn on the mobile when I put her back to sleep after eating. Well it worked. Even if she is wide awake..she soothes her self to sleep without the mobile. This is wonderful.

Yesterday the daycare ladies said she had a fever. 101 to be exact. To me that is fairly normal for Sophia. I did measure her temp when we got home and it was 99.8 or so. So maybe it dropped. She did seem a little more moody than normal. I personally think she is teething. She loves to suck on my fingers and chew. It seems to help with the pain for a little while. She also loves a cold wash cloth and her chilled chew toy. However, last night she slept the whole night again. Sometimes I hear her in the middle of the night talking but I have learned not to jump and come to her rescue and she will get louder if she needs me. I did check on her 2-3 times last night because I had bit of the mama's worry. She was snoring with her arms spread apart laying on her back. I think she loves her crib sometimes. Her place of peace and relaxation. Her music always playing softly in the background and her Humidifier just going and going.

So I have noticed that I have been getting a little depressed about not losing weight at all. Exactly the scale appears to be going the opposite direction. I don't know what's wrong. However, I have to be willing to accept this fact for the time being and hide my scale. I can tell you that since I started my new job I have been working out consistently. I also recently started going to work out 4-5 times a week. Two of those days I do weights. Still no progress according to my scale. Then I stop and ask myself...how do I feel? Do I have more energy? Yes. Do I feel more comfortable in my clothes? Yes..well that is progress. The scale is my enemy at the moment and I just need to focus on what I can control. Which is the food I consume and keep on working out.

Another thing getting me down is cleaning my house. I just feel so overwelmed when I get home in the evenings that I just don't have the energy. Honestly I just want to go home and turn on the TV and get absorbed into a different world most nights. This to me is just a sign of depression so I have set up a new cleaning schedule to help me keep organized and my house a cleaner enviroment. I think it will help just do a little bit a day and not feel like it's a huge task to conquer on the weekends. 30-40 mins of the night focused on cleaning. I think/hope I can handle that. To help me be more accountable here is a copy of my cleaning schedule. Of course it's not going to be prefect. But at least it's a start to trying to get more use out of my time. It's just a way for me to take charge of this issue that is bothering me and not letting it overrule my mind making me depressed. Taking charge makes me feel better about it.

Pictures of the week:


Sandro really wants to plant fruit trees in our back yard. This is the first of three. It's a pear tree. I would really like a precan tree but they are too expensive and will probably be too big for our back yard. Sandro is very happy with his first fruit tree.

Sophia is in love with her toys at the moment. She can't get enough. Here she is playing with two toys. Oh and her outfit..well it's 6 to 9 months. Holy crap..she is growing.


Her feet stick out of the mat most times. :)

She loves her bunny that Grandma Vesna gave her. We haven't named him yet but I am covinced he is her BFF for life.


Chewing on her teether. She likes it so much.

1 comment:

MrsReaux said...

she is just the cutest thing!