Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Letter to Sophia

Dear Sophia,

I want to tell you that you are my world and I love you with my heart. I was scared at first being a mommy and thought for sure that I would fail miserably. However, you have taught me so much already and you haven't even been around that long. I am thankful for your smiles and your giggles and all those times you have fallen alseep in my arms. Your unconditional love and need for mommy just touches my soul in ways you will never realize.

Today a family I haven't met lost their baby girl to cancer just a few moments ago. I sit here at my desk unable to focus and near tears. I can not imagine you not in my life. I pinged (via MSN Messenger) your father and he said he wouldn't know what to if you where taken away from us. You are our world now. You are the reason we get up in the morning. You are everything that matters in life.

Daily I crave your tender cheeks for squeezing and your squeals of delight as you stare and attempt to have a conversation with your green bunny. I love to watch you grow and to see your curosity on everything you have never seen before. You amaze me lovely girl.

With the strongest love imaginable,
Mama

2 comments:

Nana said...

That is so beautiful. I know that feeling also. I remember the first time you got sick and we had to take you to the hospital. You always went all out, hee hee. Anyway I told you then that I was not ready to loose you that I had only just got you and I love you too much. Being a Mom, you can now understand my love for you and Chris. Grandbaby girl it even gets better!!!!!!! love ya, Nana

Uncle Ed said...

outstanding letter.