Monday, March 15, 2010

Lessons Learned

We have been super busy lately. This Saturday we learned that we may have gotten jipped pretty badly from the place we bought the Altima. Basically when we negotiated the deal we where told that it would be a 36 month lease. We where paying a pretty hefty amount for a 36 month lease but we figured at the time this is fine because we where carpooling and we only really needed the one car. At the time it made sense. However, we later learned that dealership actually made it in a 63 month lease and basically took advantage of their customer. North Texas Nissan (Corinth) ... google it and you will see that we where part of a scam. Once Sandro realized that it was in fact a 63 month lease we decided immediately that we had to go buy a car and figure out how to get out of a upside down situation. Lets just say we where naive and we learned a very valuable lesson. That lesson is to read the fine print before you sign anything. We where lucky and where able to find a Nissan Cube (pictures to follow next week) since it was a 2009 it was dramatically dropped in price. We where able to work a deal where we can purchase this (NO MORE LEASING) and still be paying $100 less a month. Savings upwards to almost $20k on a lease that was screwing us. It's not uber fancy but it will make a great commuter car because it's excellent on gas and it seats 4 very comfortably. It doesn't have much of a trunk but really you don't need that much if it's a commuter car and all. Plus we have a truck for the big projects that needs more trunk space. I can't believe we where able to complete this all in 6 hours. I was so happy that Sandro was able to solve the problem so quick and that the negotiating skills worked really well in this situation. We were very happy to get ourselves out of this mess and happy we got a brand new car that is a great warranty and extended warranty.

As for Sophia. She is been doing awesome. She turned 5 months yesterday Being that I was getting a lot of pressure about the whole feeding solids thing we decided to give it a try. So far Sophia is not a fan. We tried rice cereal and she hated it. But I think I went about it all wrong and that is why she was so angry with even trying it. I don't blame her. It tastes nasty. So I tried a banana last night because from what I read breastfeed babies tend to like banana because of their natural sweetness. I feed her with my finger this time. She made the most funny face when I put my finger in her mouth (she chews on my fingers all the time) however this time she got the bitter beer face. It was so cute. She smacked her lips and was looking at me like I had lost my mind putting that in her mouth. I guess this is going to be a slow process. ;)

Aunt Amber and Uncle Scott came to have dinner with us. Sophia was pretty exhausted so she passed out by like 8 or so. Well this is not a normal routine. Every night she either takes a nap on daddy or stays up till like 8:00-8:15. We give her a bath and then feed her one last time. Well we didn't give her the normal bath she is used to. She wakes up at 2:30 hunger (not normal since she has been sleeping through the night for about 2 weeks now) I feed her. Then she wakes up 2 hours later screaming. We tried everything to calm her down. This was not normal for her at all. Sandro says lets take off all her clothes and see if they are bothering her. Well we did...still crying hysterically. Sandro takes her into the restroom to inspect. Well she stops crying. She didn't get her bath...so we decided that is perhaps why she was upset. We bathe her and no more tears. She falls back asleep within 10 mins of her bath and doesn't wake up till 8. Lesson learned here is that we have to continue to follow the routine. Break the routine and trouble comes.

Pictures of the week:

Sandro new tree. It's Apple.

A side view. We also got a Nectarine but it was too dark to capture.

Sophia dancing and singing with daddy.

She wants to stand by herself.

Daddy, I want your lips.

I want to suck my thumb through my shirt mommy.

Auntie Amber holding Sophia

Yum! Yum! Sides provided by Auntie Amber. Lovely yummy meal!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good job on the car! We purchased our Honda Pilot from Frank Kent Honda & got screwed on the financing rate. Financed at 6%, then 3days later the financing rates dropped to 2.9%. Needless to say FK refused to allow us to refinance at the lower rate. I told the guy that did our paperwork to stick it with his pestering emails & phone calls to my husband. He wasn't helpful after all the ink was dry, he got his sale but wasn't truthful...fully knowing that the finance rates were going to drop && everytime I called him he gave me the cold-shoulder. Lesson learned in our house, trust your gut & wait. We needed another vehicle, but could have waited like I originally wanted too. Anyways, it's a done deal. Though I will NEVER buy another car from him again.

BTW - C didn't like rice cereal or oatmeal or any other baby cereal for that matter. I even tried mixing the cereals with fruit, but he never got over the texture. Cream of Wheat worked okay as long as it was soupy enough. He liked applesauce for the longest time, as well as sweet potatoes, then moved onto peas. Feeding them food is awesome and such a fun experience.

Nana said...

I am glad it all worked out with the car. Sounds like it's a better deal all around. I need Sandro and you to come with me when I get a new truck, I could use the good deal and I know my truck will not make it into older age with me.
Love the pictures, I could just hug Sophia up. I miss being around her and she is growing so much and she is so beautiful. Have her eyes changed to a certain color yet?
love ya,
Nana

MrsSandro said...

Still blue eyes. They actually are looking more blue each day. However, her hair is getting blonde...more of a dirty blonde like her daddy.