Sunday, March 7, 2010

Why I love our Daycare

Lets just say that why I get a little sad sometimes thinking about leaving Sophia all day. Sandro and I started to carpool again. The good thing is that I get to see Sophia both to pick her up and then to drop her off. The bad thing is about an hour of our evening disappears. I am honestly okay with this. I much rather see Sophia off for the day and be able to pick her up in the evenings. Everyone morning Roya, her morning daycare teacher, is there to greet us. She has the most genuine smile and immediately goes to see Sophia and smiles and ahhh’s her for a moment. Very friendly and you can tell she cares about Sophia as if it’s her own. Then in the afternoons the other daycare teacher, Karen, is there always there with a bubbly personality telling me about the day and giving me a mini play by play of all that Sophia did for that day. They always write down what times she eats and naps. They tell me how advanced she is and how they tend to compare other babies to her. There is a baby there that was born 3 days after Sophia and she is no where near where Sophia is with her development. Sophia is already showing signs of what 6-7 months do. Every time we pick her up she sees us and gives us the biggest smile. I am extremely lucky that Sophia’s grandma works at the daycare. From what her teachers tell me Grandma Vesna clocks out for lunch and immediately comes to see Sophia. I know that Sophia’s is getting special treatment. She even gets to go outside in the playground with grandma on nice days. No other babies get to do that. Ultimately I am happy with my choice to put her in daycare and I am thrilled she seems happy to go there. I honestly do not have any regrets.

Sophia is becoming much more aware of her surroundings and it’s getting very difficult for her to rest during the day. I am totally fine with this but during the weekend this can be hard for mommy and daddy to put her down and get stuff done. Yesterday for instance she didn’t nap but for maybe an hour total. She just wanted to play and play. She giggled for me yesterday as I was rocking her high in the recliner. But then she didn’t want to be put down. She just wants to be held (well to be supported) while she stands on my lap and plays with her toys. She also eats so much most days. I am truly amazed. Now knock on some wood for me here…She slept through the night now for 7 days. Well from ~8:30-5:00~. That to me is an accomplishment. This weekend she did wake us up at 4:45 and 5:30…but today we had to wake her up for daycare. It seems she is adjusting well to the schedule. We just need to keep it up.

So far my new cleaning routine is working out nicely. Less for me to do on the weekends and the house is look far much better. It’s not at 100% but I feel better about how it looks. I don’t feel as much crazy overload pressure as I was feeling. I also worked out 5 times last week. While I am not seeing a ton of movement on the scale but I do feel so much better about my body and how I fit into clothes. I just need to continue to focus on the positives.

Excuse my excessive pictures today. :) I couldn't help it!

My first Valentine from Sophia...

See her little handprints on the back...she was sloppy with her left hand.

Sitting in her highchair. Last time she screamed when we tried this. Now she actually enjoyed it. I have to convince that her toys aren't eatable.

I think she was passing gas in the water...hehehe Where did those bubbles comes from?

Waking up daddy and mommy at 4:45 can wear a girl out. This is while Sandro and I where getting ready after her early alarm.

Trying out the new carrier that she loves. She always falls alseep in the contraption. Though mommy has a heck of time getting it off her.

Choosing the right outfit for school pictures can be hard. This is the outfit Grandma Vesna made her. The arms and legs are too long..and the hat is too small.
Nana gave her this one.
But she looks darn cute in the one too.
Okay mom..no more already. (notice the purple socks that Nana gave her)

2 comments:

Nana said...

I laughed all the way through the pictures. She is so cute. I hope she will like me. I know she won't remember me and I will have to start over. I love you Sophia!!!!!!!

MrsSandro said...

She loves everyone that comes in contact with her at the moment. She is a total people ham. Hopefully she keeps that up.