Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Letter to Sophia

Dear Sophia,

Lately I sit wondering how you doing at the daycare. You are on my mind constantly. It makes the time we do spend with each very special. Lately you have been having conversations with me in your own way. Your little babble and your bubbles you blow make me smile all day long. Yesterday we went on a walk around the neighborhood. I was half way down the block before you were passed out. You are so beautiful to watch when your sleeping.

I have noticed that your favorite time in the evening is bath time. You love to play in the water. You even like when I pore water on your head with the little orange whale. You smile and close your eyes and just soak it all in. Then you try to chew on your feet or your wash cloth. I hate having to take you out. After bath time daddy suctions your nose and does the saline drops. You HATE the saline drops but it's keeping your allergies far away. You cry to mama and in a few seconds you forget about the drops and begin smiling again.

You amaze me little girl. Your so amazed by everything you see. So truly advanced for your ripe young age of 5.5 months. I look at you and can't believe that I help create such a beautiful child. People say things like you look like this person or that person but all I see is the most beautiful child I have ever seen in my life. You humble me sweet girl.

With the most love imaginable,
Mama

P.S. Can we work out a compromise with you waking me up at 3 a.m.? Mommy wants you to grow but she also likes her sleep. ;)

1 comment:

Nana said...

Such a good Mommy, Sophia is very lucky herself to have such a great Mommy and Daddy. It's such a wonderful thing when you see your own child feel the way that I felt about my children come thru again. You actually get it! How wonderful it is to watch your own child and all the wonders and things they are constantly learning It was one of the best times in my life when I had you (and Chris) and the most fun that I can remember. I ache inside sometimes just to see Sophia and will just look at her pictures you send and hope she will like me as much as I love her. April 16th is not that far away and I can hardly wait.