Monday, April 20, 2009

One month until we know the sex....

So the bad new first..There is a still a little clot there. But it seems to have gone down in size. They did say that I could expect more bleeding but that the placenta was healthy and seems to have taken over. When she first did the u/s the blood seemed to not move but then it started to tapper down a little to the cervix. Maybe the pressure from the u/s. The cervix appears to be on lock down but blood does and can get through so it's expected. As long as it's not as it's not a full on period then she said it's normal.

Baby looked amazing but didn’t want to be bothered. He/She was hiding it’s face away from the camera but kicking and moving like crazy. They where very impressed with it’s movement and that size of the brain and other measurements they took where perfect. The picture that I have that I will post later you can see the spinal cord and it’s in a fetal position. The HB was 151 but it was moving around a bit so it was hard to catch. She did my first OB appointment (blood work, pap, and breast exam) which really boasted my confidence level because that means that she thinks that it will most likely be fine. I don’t go back again for an entire month. Which part of me is going to go crazy but the other part recognized this as a very positive sign. She wasn’t even concerned about getting another U/S and asked me if I really wanted another one next time, however I reminded her that I will be 18 weeks and she was like…well you need to find out the sex at that point so lets do anyways.

U/S picture to follow after I scan it tonight.

2 comments:

Lauren Thorne said...

I'm glad everything went well. I bet you are so excited about finding out the sex!

Unknown said...

I am so glad everything is going well Stephanie! How exciting to know that the next time you go in you will be finding out whether it is a boy or girl! Love ya!