Monday, May 18, 2009

Green Poop

This is going to be a gross TMI blog. But lets just say the crazy pregnancy stuff your body experiences can't be ignored. So this weekend I went to my cousins wedding in Clarksville, Tennessee. When you are on the road it's increasing hard to eat well and keep your self hydrated. Mainly because we would have to stop every hour for a pregnant woman's bladder. So I didn't drink nearly as much water as I traditionally do. I also normally eat a primarily organic diet expect for the occasional night/breakfast dinner out.

So the trip began as normal. We first stopped at Cracker barrel and I ate biscuits in gravy. Then we didn't eat lunch for about 5 hours later. We stopped at Ruby Tuesday (never had been and I know that they are chain in Dallas) and I got Mini Burgers and Fries, then when I got to Clarksville I ate a lean pocket. Not a terrible day but not exactly the healthiest. I didn't really drink much water that day.

The next day was the wedding. Sandro and I ate breakfast as Shoney's (this is probably where I made the mistake) it was on breakfast buffet. Total waste of money. I didn't pick the best options and really left feeling gross. Went to help my cousin Katrice at the wedding and Sandro showed up about 3 hours later with cheese pizza and water. I had couple of pieces but I didn't want to over indulge since the wedding was in a couple of hours. I ate at the wedding a few of my favorite tortilla roll ups and pasta. (I believe the pasta was vegan..since I saw my cousin eating it) By the time I got home that night I was rolling in stomach pain. I had diarrhea but knew I had to eat something for dinner so I had another lean pocket.

The next day I was determined to eat better. On the way back we stopped at Cracker Barrel and I had some sort of skillet and potato thing. It wasn't fried and tasted pretty good. Then we stopped at Subway much later that afternoon. Sandro made me a small sandwich for dinner.

This morning I woke up to Green Poop. Literally as bright green as an pastel colored easter egg. It was a really bizarre site. I never saw green poop before. Two things could have caused this..the fact my diet changed from mostly organic to road food or I am just not getting enough water. 2) the increase/rejection of the iron I am getting from the prenatal pill. Overall, it scared the crap out of me. Going back to my mostly organic diet and sticking away from junk for a while.

3 comments:

Nana said...

That green poop sounds more like the baby's than yours.
Anyway thanks for everything, you and Sandro, I had alot of fun on the road with you two and love ya guys too!!!!

Uncle Ed said...

GROSS!

Katrice Ross said...

Ugh. Green Poop? That is gross. Since we just came back from our honeymoon, I know what you mean by the difficulty of sticking to a healthy diet. I did pretty good. (Helps when you can't eat 95% of junk food.) I can't imagine what it would have been like while being pregnant and driving a lot more. I'm glad you made it in one piece.