Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Week 19

So I am getting nervous by the minute. Tomorrow is the big u/s. I think it's because sometimes I feel flutters and other times I do not. I know this is normal during this particular time but it still makes me nervous. I never got one of those heart rate monitors because I felt that it would only add to to my nervousness. I didn't want to be obsessive about trying to find the heartbeat every single moment of the day so I am trying to get through this with out it. My tummy is getting tighter and my lower belly is starting to match my upper belly. I am carrying high (my mother did as well) and my belly is sorta uneven at the moment.

So here is what is happening in week 19. For more info click here.
Your baby's sensory development is exploding! Their brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that it may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to them, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you.

Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom — about the size of a large heirloom tomato. The arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of their body now. The kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on the baby scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on their skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.

No comments: