Monday, March 23, 2009

Clarification

I noticed a facebook update after I was talking to my cousin about miscarriage. She wrote "It is not fair to blame God for disease and suffering when it is scientifically proven that it is cause by the innovations of mankind." I am not sure if this was directed towards me or our conversation but I just wanted to clarify my side. What I said is that miscarriage happen not necessary out of environmental factors but more out of nature and God. I didn't really get to elaborate but here we go. I am not a overally religious person. However, I do believe in a higher power. I was raised that everyone was entitled to their own beliefs. I went to several different churches growing up. From Jehovah's Witness to a Baptist church and even a Church of Christ. So I am all for people having their beliefs. But it's my belief that this universe was created by a higher power. Some refer to them as God, as I do as well. I feel that God created mankind and all other species. With any species there are going to be imperfections. From before time there have woman who are barren or who have trouble having children. This was not a fault of God or a mistake on his part. This is just part of how we are being developed. Sure there can be questions that innovations of mankind could have caused the infertility issues that woman have but who created mankind? Sandro feels it's all about the survival of the fittest.

My miscarriage was about natural taking it's course. Early miscarriages have tend to be a sign for most woman of a chromosome mismatch. Or there was a issue with the egg or the sperm. It's your body natural way stopping the birth of a child that could have several issues if brought into the world. To me it's a God fail safe way to prevent heartache and pain of all those involved. Sure the initial shock of a miscarriage is painful and afterward you feel empty but in the reality there is no way to stop or prevent a miscarriage.

I do not feel that environmental factors is what contributed to my miscarriage or the miscarriages of my family members. In all honestly I feel it's insulting for anyone to insinuate that my misfortunes are due to something that I could have prevented. I have seen so many people over the years that live perfectly healthy lives who are barren. I don't feel that mankind did this to them. This is just a unfortunate result of nature.

3 comments:

Katrice Ross said...

There are a lot of things in this world that aren't natural. Mankind has changed the world into something other than what God created in the beginning. I don't think pesticides, chemical runoff, genetic manipulation, air pollution, water pollution, drugs, and vaccines are natural. Mankind made them, not God.

No, I don't think you are the direct cause of your own miscarriage. I don't think God made you miscarry. Sometimes causes are easy to find, and sometimes they aren't. I don't think that "nature" as in trees, sun, grass, flowers, birds...etc. are the cause of something that doesn't feel natural to me. (Miscarriage) I do think that those chemicals I stated earlier are more likely the culprit. Most of those chemicals are unavoidable. It's just something we as humans have to live with now that it is a part of our world.

So again, I did not say that you are the one that caused your miscarriage. I think it is a combination of a lot of different things. Most of these we as mothers cannot avoid.

I was thinking that this condition that is making you bleed now, might have been the cause of your previous miscarriage. I'm hoping now that you and your doctor know about the condition you have, that you and your baby will be just fine. I have prayed for you everyday since I started reading your blog.

MrsSandro said...

Again, I think mankind was created by God. So it's almost impossible to blame all the problems we have on mankind. I never said that I God caused my miscarriage. Your also wrong in your thinking that what I am having now is anything do do with my last miscarriage. I never bleed at all with my last miscarriage. Nada! It was a missed miscarriage. I didn't develop at all and never had a heartbeat. The doctor said it's completely unrelated. I think until you experience it yourself you realize how judgy you are coming off. Just try to realize that not everything is black and white. People have miscarriages and it's not the an environmental impact...it's just an unfortunate result of nature.

Katrice Ross said...

Guess this is just one of those things that we should agree to disagree with. I didn't think my comment came out as harsh at all. In fact, I wrote it out of love. I have been worried about you and your baby so much that it's hard for me to focus. I did read up on your condition and there were a lot of women that seemed to relate previous miscarriages with the same blood-clotting condition. Just making an observation, and I never said I knew everything.