Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Economy Sucks

Yesterday was a super hard day for me. They laid off two people in our group. We are a small company and losing two people is going to super hard. They said it was the economy and that is the only layoffs that they foresee. Of course he said that he didn't have a crystal glass to see what could happen in the future. I feel sick to my stomach to think that it could have just as easily been me they laid off. One of the coworkers they let go did the same job that I did. However, she was part time. The other coworker was a developer. Lets just say that it's going to be so super quiet around here and one of my closest work buddies is now gone.
I am so worried about bringing baby into a bad economy like this. DH and already discussed a gameplan in which we will be very frugal for the next several months making sure we have a decent sized baby fund saved up. We are cutting back as much as we can and basically eliminating all unnecessary spending. Of course there is this deep down fear one of could lose our job. It's just such a bad time for baby but I can't say I regret it all. I want this baby more than anything and really you can't depend on the economy or anything else to make it a better situation. Recessions scare me but perhaps there is a chance to turn it around with our newly elected president. I know it will be several years to have our economy to recover. I am confident Sandro, baby and I will survive.

1 comment:

Nana said...

Don't worry so much. You remind me of Nana. Take it one day at a time and remember everything happents for a reason. Maybe there is something else that your co-workers are suppose to be doing. A lesson they are learning. It's not good to worry so much stress is not good for your health.
Look on the internet and see whats out there and I know our new president is going to make a difference.
love you baby girl. Hope you are feeling ok.