Sunday, March 22, 2009

Subchorionic Hematoma

So the bleeding started again. But it wasn't like it was unxpected. This time it looks like me period started. The blood is dark red and bright. (fresh) I think the clot could have been interrupted by intercourse. It was a huge gush at first and now it's slowed down to a slow bleed that only appears when I urinate. No cramping at all and no large clots are being passed. I am trying my best to just relax and take it easy and not panic. It you look closely at my u/s picture below. You will notice the dark spot. This is where they feel the clot is as well as where the bleeding is coming from.So what is the subchorinonic Hematoma (blood clot) in the uterus. Taken from here
Causes of Subchorionic Hematoma

There is no known cause for a SCH but many researchers speculate that during egg implantation, the egg slightly separates or tears from the uterus causing a bleed. There is nothing a woman did or could have done to cause or prevent them. SCH occurs to pregnant women of all ages and races.
Diagnosing Subchorionic Hematoma

Diagnosing a SCH is based on its symptoms and visualization via ultrasound scan. Many women visit the doctor or emergency department with the chief complaint of vaginal bleeding during early pregnancy. An ultrasound, either transvaginal or abdominal, would more than likely be carried out. During the ultrasound scan, the doctor or radiologist will locate the fetus and assess it’s current condition. Identifying a SCH by an untrained eye is difficult. The clot appears as a black mass within the uterus. It almost appears as if another placenta is present. Ordinary ultrasound images appear blackish with visuals of bone. After a visual of the blood clot is made, and it appears a woman is not having a miscarriage, the diagnosis of SCH is made.

The good news is that it's not completely uncommon. I found a long list of people that are suffering from the same thing and is experiencing the same thing. This is helping me stay positive. I have decided to completely not have intercourse until I know the clot is gone along with just taking it easy, no heavy lifting. I remind myself everyday there is nothing I can do to prevent a miscarriage. If I where to have one again then I know in my heart I will make it through it. However, I have a really good feeling about this after the last ultrasound. Baby is doing great and I just have to keep taking care of myself.

No comments: