Monday, March 9, 2009

Week 8

So today is the big day. So nervous but I am just trying to stay as positive as possible. Sandro and I have discussed this many of times and he wants me to remember that even if this isn't the one that we keep trying and will have a child. Perhaps not in 2009 but it will happen eventually. He is just tying to keep me from being too upset if this appointment doesn't work out they way WE want it to work out. This time he is trying to be realistic verses just so certain that nothing could go wrong. I understand why he is saying this and I appreciate it.

This weekend I was feeling a lot of cramps. I don't remember this feeling from last time so of course I did some goggle research on week 8. From here.
Some women notice some mild abdominal cramping midway through their first trimester. This is a very common experience and may continue for several weeks. The cramping is usually mild and does not cause any harm. Your physician may recommend you rest and stay off your feet if you are having abdominal cramping. Remember that your body is also accommodating a growing fetus, and your uterus is stretching, a process that might cause some discomfort over time. If you have any unusual abdominal pain or cramping however that is persistent and worrisome, or if you experience any cramping accompanied by bleeding be sure to contact your healthcare provider's office right away.


Time to pull out the mantra's today. Positive energy needed all around:

* "Today I am pregnant and I love my baby."
* "I am pregnant until someone tells me otherwise."
* "My past does not dictate my future. A previous m/c does not mean I will have another m/c."--"Just because something sad is happening to another poster, does not mean it will happen to you. We all know m/c and complications are not contagious!
* "Hope does not make bad things happen" You cannot ‘jinx’ your pregnancy by creating a ticker, getting excited, or telling someone. Live in the positive!
* And this is the hardest one: "There is nothing I can do to prevent a m/c from happening. Worrying yourself sick doesn't prevent a m/c. And if (gods forbid) it were to happen again, I know I will survive."

No comments: